Yesterday I started a new Xamarin.Forms project in F# on my Mac. Because the NuGet experience isn’t the best in Visual Studio for Mac, I always use Paket for managing my dependencies.
After some time of fiddling with Paket (I am not the expert user of it) I found the solution. You have to add a framework restriction to the Xamarin.Forms and Xamarin.Android.FSharp.ResourceProvider entry.
The reason is, that if you not add it, on Android Paket is using MonoAndroid1.0 as target framework and so the dependencies are resolved not correctly. I found this GitHub issue for this behaviour: https://github.com/fsprojects/Paket/issues/2762
The complete paket.dependencies file looks like this:
source https://www.nuget.org/api/v2 nuget FSharp.Core nuget Xamarin.Forms framework: MonoAndroid8.1,netstandard2.0,xamarinios nuget Xamarin.Android.FSharp.ResourceProvider framework:monoandroid8.1